730 Funston Avenue
San Francisco • Sold • $3,230,000
- Sale Price:
- 730 Funston Avenue
- San Francisco
- Square Feet:
EXQUISITE GEORGIAN TUDOR
ABSTRACT: FORMAL LIVING ROOM, FORMAL DINING ROOM, RENOVATED KITCHEN, FIVE BEDROOMS (INCLUDING DEN \ LIBRARY), THREE FULL BATHS, TWO HALF BATHS, BREAKFAST ROOM, TWO FAMILY ROOMS, OFFICE, EXERCISE ROOM, LAUNDRY ROOM, LARGE LANDSCAPED YARD AND GARDEN, WINE CELLAR, SPACIOUS DECK, PATIO, AND TWO CAR SIDE BY SIDE GARAGE.
DESCRIPTION: Located on a beautiful green parkway, 730 Funston Avenue is an exquisite Georgian Tudor with an elegant & impressive facade, featuring an imposing exterior with stately columns that lead to the interior entry of this rare and special property. Owned by the same family for 30 years, 730 Funston has been meticulously expanded, renovated, and maintained to perfection. The property was believed to have been built by the Herman Family (Herman Safe Company) in 1923. Built on a large lot the Herman Family is thought to have commissioned masons and builders who came from Italy specifically to build this particular and one of a kind house. As seen throughout the property there are features that are original and unique to only this home. A wonderful feature of Funston Avenue is that it is very sunny and maintains a natural light throughout the day. The greenery from the landscaped garden in the rear, and the foliage that lines Park Presidio in the front makes this property feel like a retreat within the city. The proximity to GG Park with museums, Rose Garden, bike riding paths, and shops and restaurants in the neighborhood add not only to the value of the home but convenience and overall enjoyment of the neighborhood.
FEATURES AND AMENITIES:
- Over 5,300 square feet (per appraiser).
- Light filtered, double pane, hand crafted custom windows installed 18 months ago are located in the living room, dining room, kitchen, breakfast room, and master bedroom. These new windows act as a tremendous sound barrier from the outside, and the light filter protects furnishings, carpeting & flooring.
- Security alarm system.
- 45X18 ft dog run in the rear of the yard.
- Beautifully landscaped garden & yard features a gazebo, a water feature fountain, and peaceful seating area. Many trees, plantings, and flowers are part of this magnificent garden. A large lawn completes this enchanting outdoor space.
- Spacious sunny deck overlooking the landscaped garden.
- Proximity to Golden Gate Park, Shops and Restaurants.
- Two car side by side garage.
- Wine cellar with original vault door.
- Back staircase from Entry Level to Main Level.